Summary of Powerclub's fees and charges
Following Australian regulatory requirements, there are several retail fees associated with the sale of electricity to domestic and small business customers. These are known as the retailer's fees and charges and are required to pay under your Contract. Please note that these do not represent an exhaustive list of fees you may be required to pay.
Where applicable, Powerclub will pass on any charges levied by third parties. These will include but are not limited to, relevant fees for the supply of electricity to your Supply Address, including miscellaneous charges from your distributor. You may also incur charges based on your payment method for merchant fees imposed by your or our financial institution.
These will be itemised separately on your bill, and the full amount received from you will be paid directly to the third party. All fees listed here are subject to variation as per your Contract. Please refer to your Supply Address and Rates Schedule for your rates.
Cheque Dishonour Payment Fee
Powerclub does not charge a fee if your cheque payment is dishonoured or reversed.
- Reconnection Fee – when you are moving into a property. Standard connection fee quoted for next business day only.
- Disconnection Fee – when you are vacating a property.
For same-day or after-hours reconnections or more information about fees, please call us on 1300 294 459 or visit your local distributor's website for a full list of fees.
Payment Processing Fee
- Direct Debit and Credit Card fees – Powerclub does not charge a processing fee for direct debit and credit card payments. If you choose to pay by AMEX, Powerclub may charge a processing fee of up to 0.7%. A fee may also apply for over the counter payments made at an Australia Post outlet.
Request for Historical Billing Information
Powerclub Members can log into their Portal to download their previous bills. We are happy to provide you with copies of your past Powerclub bills - but we may charge you for any cost incurred by us.
If a government, regulator or network distributor varies or introduces a fee, charge or tax, we may pass through all or part of this varied or new fee, charge or tax to you. The charges for network-related services may include our reasonable costs for arranging such services.
Late Payment Fee Exclusion
Late payment fees can be excluded for electricity contracts where the account holder receives the Low-Income Household Rebate or the Medical Energy Rebate:
- if the bill that was not paid by the due date, or another bill under your account, is the subject of a matter being considered by the Energy Ombudsman;
- if the bill is subject to an arrangement to pay by instalments under a payment plan;
- if any part of the bill is paid by a voucher issued under the Energy Accounts Payment Assistance Scheme; or
- if we are aware that you have sought assistance to pay the bill from a participating community welfare organisation that issues vouchers under the Energy Accounts Payment Assistance Scheme.